For a period of three weeks in June 2018, 16 Polish trainees enjoyed the Seville summer while doing internships abroad. The trainees did internships in different sectors, namely hotels (housekeepers, receptionists), restaurants (chefs, waiters) and tourism (tourism services assistants). They fulfilled multiple different tasks, such as:
- Checking if the rooms have been vacated before cleaning
- Making beds daily and changing bed linen
- Learning about the typical Spanish cuisine and local specialties, such as paella, tortilla de patatas, different kind of salads, pasta, desserts, etc.
- Doing skilled cooking and food preparation
- Informing clients about all kind of offers
- Providing information about flamenco culture
- Providing information about the company
Apart from their practical training, the trainees also participated in all kinds of activities to fully enjoy their stay in Spain: they received basic Spanish classes, took part in a Seville to know better its secrets. In the weekend, the girls did some trips to other beautiful places in Andalusia and nearby, like Cadiz, Gibraltar and Tavira (Portugal).
We wish the students the best of luck in their future studies and careers and are sure they will greatly benefit from their stay in Sevilla.