A group of 20 students from Italy, came to Spain to work in different nursery schools and centers for 4 weeks. Students could choose different preschools, nursery schools, nursing home, children centers they wanted to work at. Depending on students´preferences they could decide what kind of social work they would like to do and who they would prefer to work with, either children or elderly people. During the training program, students had opportunity to perform in many different activities, such as:
– Planning and linking educational activities with leisure activities
– Providing basic care for children or elders: food, hygiene, protection, clothing, etc
– Providing children with basic processes of social interaction: listening, protection, valuing, facilitating expressing emotions and feelings, eliminating conflicts and tensions in a group
– Performing activities dedicated to facilitating process of socialization and adaptation in a group
– Assisting and actively participating in each delivered activity
– Motivating children to learn basic and daily duties
-Offering information and support to patients.
Besides from training program, students also had other activities to do. As they were staying in Sevilla, which is is the capital and the largest city of the autonomous community of Andalusia, they had an opportunity to visit many historical monuments, gardens and see flamenco shows.