For four weeks in May 2015, we had the pleasure to have the company of 17 Polish technical analysts-to-be. The youngsters spent their time at a microbiology lab in Seville. The trainees did all kind of activities, such as:
- Prepare dilutions and understand methods to describe a value of their concentrations
- Conduct acid-base tests
- Carry out basic laboratory tasks – using pH meters, spectrophotometry, chromatography, morphology, structure and metabolism of bacteria
- Carry out microbiological tests on food products
- Carry out microbiological testing of water
- Conduct physico-chemical tests of water, pH, test conductivity, free chlorine, organic matter
Apart from that, they also participated in all kinds of activities outside the lab: they went on two study visits, had Spanish classes, did a tour of Seville, went on a tapas night and did trips to Cadiz and Cordoba. We had a great time with them and hope they learnt plenty of interesting things.