For a period of 2 weeks in Seville, in September 2018, a group of 10 polish students took part in training program as lab technicians in the company focusing on developing innovative food and drink products, inspection of cosmetics and contributing to the agricultural, agri-food and public health sectors. During the program the group had to do multiple tasks, such as:
– Assistance in physicochemical tests of gases polluting the environment: analysis of dust and sediment, CO, CO2, SH2, SO2
– Removing residues, sterilizing and performing maintenance work on machinery and laboratory equipment
– Getting to know the tools, equipment, and technologies used in the laboratory
– Identifying and analysing gases and sewage polluting the environment
– Preparing materials and equipment for sampling, the adaptation of samples
– Assisting in physicochemical research of sewage: pH, conductivity, suspended particles and fats and others
– Assisting in microbiological studies of activated sludge.
Besides from doing practical training, trainees also had an opportunity to participate in different cultural activities and excursions. During the internship students had a deeper insight in Spanish culture and lifestyle as they were introduced to Spanish cuisine and had ´´Tapas night´´ with the Euromind team, had a short and dynamic Spanish language course. Moreover, the group took part in Seville tour and visited other cities such as Cadiz or Gibraltar.