In April 2018, a group of 16 Polish trainees from Poręba had the opportunity to come to Seville for a two-weeks working experience in Mobile App programming. They participated in theoretical and practical training courses and developed their knowledge and skills by carrying out several tasks, such as:
- Programming mobile devices (basic architecture of device and Android system with software emulators for virtual mobile devices);
- Creating and running software projects process for Android: installation and configuration of ECLIPSE environment;
- Designing components of user interface in mobile application – using templates;
- Designing navigation system in mobile apps: menu options, contextual menu items SlideMenu and NavigationDrawer, tabs;
- Usage of the built-in hardware components of mobile devices application such as: camera, camcorder, media player, GPS receiver, compass, stopwatch;
- Design and implementation of database maintenance in mobile app using database structures, application queries in SQL, modification and updating data.
They also increased their knowledge during a study visit to a company specialized in mobile games developing.
Moreover, they learned the Andalusian culture, history and beauty during a Seville tour and they saw a Flamenco show. The Spanish language was not a problem neither thanks to the Spanish course they participated in. They could also visit the beautiful city of Cadiz, where they enjoyed not only the city center but also the sunny beach la Caleta.
We hope that our trainees learned a lot, that they had fun and that they improved their professional and interpersonal skills. We wish them all the best for their future life and work.