On 19th October 2015, 16 Polish trainees exchanged their school life in their home country for a working life in Spain. For a period of four weeks, the group carried out internships in the electronics, electric, teleinformatics and IT sector. Not only did they improve their skills and competences in their respective fields, but they also gained knowledge about a different culture and way of life.
Some of their tasks during the traineeship included the following:
- Performing auxiliary montage and maintenance operations in micro computing systems and data networks
- Performing operations of storage and transport of peripheral and consumable systems, followings the security and cataloguing criteria
- Repairing basic electrical systems faults by replacement of components
- Assembling, setting up and disassembling basic wired and wireless systems, engines and other pieces
- Learning to operate test equipment to diagnose malfunctions
- Learning to test, diagnose and repair electronic circuit boards
Apart from that, the trainees also gained cultural experience. The group learnt to communicate effectively with the locals thanks to their Spanish classes, visited not only Ubeda but also Malaga and Cazorla, tasted the local delicacies during tapas night, had fun at the bowling alley, enjoyed a football match with locals and visited the olive oil centre.
We have no doubt the internship was a perfect combination of work and fun and hope the trainees had a great stay.