In September 2017, 3 trainees from Póvoa de Lanhoso (Portugal) did their two-week internship in Seville in the car mechanic and dressmaking sector.
During their training, they carried out many tasks, such as:
- Removing and disassembling units such as engines, transmissions, or differentials, to be repaired, using hand tools and power tools;
- Performing basic services and repair activities related to car servicing, i.e. oil and filters change, defective parts replacement, washing of the engine and other car components;
- Repairing car body, i.e. welding, brazing, riveting, sheet metal and profiles bonding, assembling and disassembling of car body components and chassis;
- Fit, alter, repair, and make made-to-measure clothing, according to customers’ and clothing manufacturers’ specifications and fit, and applying principles of garment design, construction, and styling;
- Makes women’s garments, such as dresses, suits and flamenco dresses, according to customer specifications and measurements;
- Sews fabric parts by hand or operates single-needle sewing machine that joins fabric parts to form the garment.
In addition, they had the opportunity to visit the beautiful city of Seville during a Seville tour and to go on a trip to the amazing city of Cadiz. We hope that they will make the best use of this experience in their future. We wish them all great careers!