In March 2017 we were happy to welcome an enthusiastic group of 13 trainees from Belgium. These enthusiastic youngsters spent a month in Seville broadening their professional knowledge and skills while working at several Sevillian host companies. They moreover had the opportunity to improve their basic Spanish skills while equally acquiring some useful professional knowledge along the way.
During their intership their main tasks included the following:
- Supporting the sales process
- Handling invoices, receipts and payments
- Receiving deliveries and stock management
- Taking care of the order in the store: unpack goods, stocking shelves, arranging displays
- Removing and disassembling units such as engines, transmissions, or differentials, to be repaired, using hand tools and power tools.
- Performing basic services and repair activities related to car servicing, i.e. oil and filters change, defective parts replacement, washing of the engine and other car components.
- Evaluating the quality of mechanical, electrical and electronic vehicle equipment operations.
- Selecting and using measurement instruments and diagnostic equipment in the vehicles.
- Repairing car body, i.e. welding, brazing, riveting, sheet metal and profiles bonding, assembling and disassembling of car body components and chassis.
- Performing maintenance and repairs in accordance with automotive vehicles manufacturer’s technology.
There was still plenty of time left for the trainees to enjoy some spare time after hours. They took part in a Spanish linguistic course and enjoyed the beautiful sites of Andalusia.