In October 2017, we had the pleasure to host 10 trainees from Konin (Poland) who spent their time in Seville to do a formative work-experience as Geodetic Surveyors. During their internship, they developed their professional abilities in the fields of Gardening, Geodesy and Outdoor Practical Work (construction layouts, topographical boundaries, subdivision design, title and boundary surveys, unitization surveying, road and bridge construction, geodetic control surveys, digitizing, map reproduction and preparation, wetlands delineation, etc.), carrying out several tasks, such as:
- Calculating the different types of coordinates;
- Designing, drawing, measuring and calculating local network bases and local topographic networks;
- Create topographic bases, reviews and reports;
- Get to know different instruments to know create a Digital Terrain Model;
- Make the stages of a topographic project;
- Take readings of bases, slope changes and interest points of the project;
- Import data from EXCEL into AutoCAD;
- Get to know the working methodology of the town hall engineers.
Furthermore, they learned the Spanish language during a Spanish course, a Seville Tour and a Flamenco Show. They could also have a great time during trips to the Malaga and Cadiz.
We hope that our trainees had fun and that they learned many things that will be useful for their future work and private life.