At the beginning of 2015, for a period of two weeks, we were happy to welcome 16 Polish trainees from the Zespół Szkół Technicznych w Dąbrowie Górniczej to Seville to carry out interships in the solar energy sector. They were also given the opportunity to visit the largest solar complex of Europe. During their internship, the students fulfilled many tasks, such as:
- Recognize the types of photovoltaic cells: polycrystalline and amorphous monocrystaline
- Guide panels according to seasonal optimal tilt
- Measure by a multimeter voltage and intensity according to the degree of inclination
- Bring panels in series, parallel and mixed and check their parameters
- Know and identify the different types of controllers, their programming process and functions
- Verify, identify and maintain batteries and inverters
But their stay wasn’t limited to work. The students were also fully immersed in the Spanish language, culture and way of life! They were shown around the city of Seville, visited two of the most important cities in Andalusia, Cadiz and Cordoba, and finally learnt a lot about the language in their Spanish course.