For a period of three weeks in June and July 2016, 18 Polish trainees enjoyed the Ubeda summer while doing internships abroad. The trainees did internships in different sectors, namely hotels (housekeepers, receptionists), restaurants (chefs, waiters) and tourism (tourism services assistants, tour guide assistants). They fulfilled multiple different tasks, such as:
- Working with reservation systems during individual and group check-in and check-out procedures
- Learning about procedures allowing a guest to prolong the stay, shorter the stay or to change a room at the request of a guest
- Learning about the typical Spanish cuisine and local specialties, such as paella, tortilla de patatas, different kind of salads, pasta, desserts, etc.
- Doing skilled cooking and food preparation
- Exploring and identifying local resources for further sustainable tourism development and local people’s usage
- Carrying out online marketing and maintenance of different social media and social networks
Apart from their practical training, the trainees also participated in all kinds of activities to fully enjoy their stay in Spain: they received basic Spanish classes, took part in a fun Flamenco workshop, tasted the local food during tapas night and enjoyed visits to Ubeda, Granada and Malaga!
We wish the students the best of luck in their future studies and careers and are sure they will greatly benefit from their stay in Ubeda.