For almost a month (July-August 2017), these 15 Polish students from Wysokie Mazowieckie (Poland) spent their time in Seville for an internship as Administrative assistants and cooks. During their apprendiceship they carried out several tasks, such as:
- Providing customer service in a professional, courteous and friendly manner.
- Undertaking general administration including word processing, dealing with enquiry’s and routine correspondence, photocopying, scanning, filing, etc.
- Maintaining and updating the internal library and index including administration of photographic and digital images.
- Preparing, scanning and placing documents in electronic and paper filing systems.
- Maintaining and managing inventory control of materials and suppliers.
- Maintaining and updating records management database systems.
- Dealing with financial paperwork.
- Preparing the ingredients for consumption or cooking.
- Washing, peeling , cutting and peeling fruit and vegetables as well as cutting meat.
- Weighing, measuring and mixing ingredients according to recipes and personal judgment.
- Seasoning and cooking meals according to recipes, personal judgment or experience, using different methods (e.g. baking, braising, frying, broiling, roasting and steaming).
During their stay they could also enjoy a Spanish course, a Seville tour and two amazing trips to Cádiz and Gibraltar. We were very pleased with their stay and we wish the trainees all the best for their future.