At the start of Summer 20 Polish students came to Sevilla in order to enjoy the clear blue skies, hot weather but to equally take part in a life-changing internship in their respective fields of work: hotel industry, logistics, event organization, administration and housekeeping. During their time abroad they have managed to greatly improve both their professional, linguistic and social skills.
Their main tasks across the different sectors include the following:
- Collaborating in the design of holiday packages incorporating principles of responsible tourism
- Assisting in the search for travel agencies and guided tours around Andalucía and abroad
- Cooperating in the classification, encoding and signing of products that arrive to the warehouse
- Contacting hotel booking websites in case of any queries recurring customer`s problems
- Updating information on hotel booking websites
- Providing children with basic processes of social interaction: listening, protection, valuing, facilitating expressing emotions and feelings, eliminating conflicts and tensions in a group
- Performing activities dedicated to facilitate process of socialization and adaptation in a group
- Reporting to a supervisor when articles are left behind by guests, if there is any damage in the rooms or if any items appear to have been stolen
- Carrying out loading operations that effect the control and organization of the distribution of goods to be transported
- Registering the merchandise movements and controlling good state of the products
During their stay this motivated group managed to successfully complete their traineeships at their respective local host companies. But after hours, their was plenty of time left for them to enjoy and explore the beautiful sights of Sevilla and its many temptations. They for ex. took part in a Seville bike tour and saw an authentic flamenco show.