In November 2017, we had the pleasure to host a group of 12 Polish students from Rzeszów for their two-weeks work experience in Seville. Their formative training was about working in the Renewable Energies sector, in the specific field of Solar Energy and Solar House. In the company where they were working in, they developed their knowledge and carried out several tasks, such as:
- Recognizing the qualities of the solar energy and the risks of working with solar energy, as well as measuring voltage and current and using a multimeter according to the inclination grade.
- Recognizing the types of photovoltaic cells: polycrystalline, monocrystalline and amorphous.
- Gathering the panels in series and in parallel, and checking its parameters, as well as recognizing and identifying different types of controllers, their programming and their functioning.
- Checking, identifying and maintaining the batteries and the inverters.
- Assembling, calculating and designing a solar installation on a computer and assembling an electrical panel, AC power circuits and solar circuits of the house.
- Assembling plumbing installation with the solar pump and a solar lamp with the twilight switch.
- Visiting a solar facility of 64 kWp connected to the network and a solar-thermal facility.
Moreover, they learned some Spanish and some Spanish culture during a Spanish course and a Seville Tour, as well as they had a marvellous and overwhelming trip to the beautiful city of Gibraltar. They could also take part in a study visit to an international company that applies innovative technology solutions for sustainability in the energy and environment sectors generating electricity from renewable resources; there they understood new technologies types, whose operation depends on solar energy and they broaden their knowledge about thermo-solar technologies and its uses in the human development.
We hope that our trainees had fun in Seville, but that they especially improved their knowledge and working skills, that will be useful for their future work and private life.