At the beginning of Summer 15 enthusiastic and talented Polish students made the long trip from their hometown to the southern city of Sevilla in order to take part in a three-week traineeship at an experienced and well-renowned host organization. During their stay they were introduced to new programmes and technical resources whilst improving their own skills and knowledge regarding mobile applications in the process.
Their main tasks included the following:
- Installation and configuration of: IDE (Eclipse); software of Emulation on Virtual Mobile Devices (Genymotion)
- Creation of the first Android project “Hello World!”
- Use of: implicit Intent for the launching of actions that are external to the app; Intent-filter for the execution of actions with our own app
- Design of an interface with the different types of Lay-outs: RelativeLayout, LinearLayout, TableLayout
- Design of a relational database in Android, using the ORM greenDAO
- BroadcastReceiver applied to multimedia elements
- Communication with servers with RESTFul API. Differenti-ating between access to open API and API with token-based authentication
- Design and implementation of advertising banner in apps with AdMob
Thanks to their continuous determination and motivation the students gained a whole bunch of new insights and professional skills which will help them encounter an adequate profession in the future. But apart from their hard work there was still plenty of time left for them to enjoy a whole host of cultural activities, such as: a trip to Málaga and Tavira (Portugal).