At the beginning of fall, 15 motivated Polish trainees went on the trip of a lifetime in order to take part in a month-long traineeship in Sevilla. During their stay, the trainees would employed at various renowned hotels all across the city in order to improve their professional skills and gain more confidence and experience on the workfloor.
Their main tasks included the following:
- Setting tables with clean linen or placing mats, cutlery, crockery and glasses.
- Explaining guests the menu and drinks and recommending combinations
- Promoting local products and attractions to visitors
- Answering the phone and recording messages for different people and department of the hotel
- Booking reservations
- Providing information about cultural activities to customers
The trainees left a very positive impression on their tutors and coordinators since they showed a lot of determination and motivation whilst performing their tasks. Besides work, the students still had enough spare time to explore the beautiful sights of Sevilla as well as taking part in a cultural trip to Málaga.