At the end of 2016, 16 young and enthusiastic trainees from Państwowe Szkoły Budownictwa im. prof. Mariana Osińskiego came to Seville in an effort to improve their professional skills during a 12 day internship. They were employed at a small-sized geodetic company which delivers services to clients all over the region. They are, amongst others, specialized in road and bridge constructions.
The tasks of the interns included the following:
- Create topographic bases
- Design local topographic network
- Get to know different instruments to know how to create a Digital Terrain Model
- Make the stages of a topographic project
- Import data from EXCEL into AutoCAD
- Get to know the working methodology of the town hall engineers
The students were very motivated and keen to learn from this unique working experience. Besides working, they also discovered the region of Andalucia during a number of cultural activities to Malaga, Sevilla and Ronda. Apart from that they also took part in a Spanish course. During their stay the students have had some unforgettable experiences.