For one month in April/May 2017, our team in Seville had the pleasure to take care of this fine group! The 15 trainees from Poland all working in the gastronomy sector at various local host companies, carrying out tasks such as:
- Arranging the working space in the kitchen
- Preparing the ingredients for consummation or cooking
- Washing, peeling , cutting and peeling fruit and vegetables as well as cutting meat
- Checking the quality of food, e.g., tasting, smelling, punching with utensils, etc.
- Adjusting the temperature of other kitchen equipment
- Seasoning and cooking meals according to recipes, personal judgment or experience, using different methods (e.g. baking, braising, frying, broiling, roasting and steaming)
Apart from the great work experience they could have abroad, the trainees also enjoyed all kinds of cultural activities! They were given Spanish classes, tasted the local tapas, went on a beach trip to Tavira in Portugal, and visited the Andalusian city of Ronda!