In February 20 motivated Polish students made the long journey to Sevilla in order to take part in a life-changing traineeship in their respective fields of work: construction, food technology, IT and hairdressing. During their stay the students managed to greatly improve their professional skills by putting their technical skills into practice.
Their main tasks – across the different sectors – included:
- Assisting in maintaining a complete inventory of all systems, peripherals, and networking equipment
- Sharing responsibility for system and data backup including the maintenance
- Installation, maintenance and configuration of IT software
- Detection of errors in a computer equipment operation
- Understanding the cosmetics and hair-care technologies used by Spanish hairdressers
- Understanding the work organization and equipment usually used by Spanish hairdressers
- Work planning and workplace organization in accordance with health and safety regulations
- Estimating food needs, reviewing inventory to assure that adequate supplies are available
- Assisting in coordinating food service activities to have meals prepared at scheduled time
- Learning about the typical Spanish cuisine and also Mexican and Italian food
During their stay the trainees gained a lot of useful knowledge and skills that would help them to encounter a better job in the future. But apart from their hard work there was plenty of time left for them to explore the Sevillian sights and take part in cultural activities, such as: cultural trips to Cádiz and Córdoba.