Why settle for land when you can have the skies, too? These 16 trainees are well on their way to become professional aircraft mechanics. During their two-week internship in Seville in January 2015, they carried out tasks such as:
- Aircraft engine maintenance tasks – combustion engine
- Familiarizing with Aircraft Maintenance Manual and Component Maintenance Manual
- Familiarizing with Illustrated Parts Catalogue
- Getting to know the differences between two aircraft engines: Roll Royce 250C20 and Garrett
- Getting to know the piston engines basic operating principles
- Aircraft engine maintenance tasks – piston engine Lycoming I0540
The trainees also had the opportunity to participate in a flight with a light aircraft CESSNA 172. Next to that, they also participated in an observatory visit to an aircraft company and they had Spanish classes to improve their communication.