In February 2017, our team in Ubeda had the joy to welcome a group of 16 Bulgarian trainees from Petkov. These enthusiastic young people stayed in Spain for two weeks, doing a practical training on geodetic surveying.
During their training, their main tasks consisted of:
- Using specialised terminology and symbols in foreign language in the related field
- Using related IT applications
- Establishing local topographic network
- Reading distances and angles
- Staking out of points in terrain and working out their projection to maps
- Operating and adjusting basic types of surveying instruments
Next to their practical training, the trainees also had the opportunity to visit Malaga and Granada, two of the biggest and most important Andalusian cities.
‘We were greeted by the girls from the office, who took care of everything to make us feel good. We visited the city on the second day. The girls escorted us around all the interesting places and gave us a lot of tips, which later on proved to be very valuable and useful. The most interesting part was the Old Town, where we took photos together.
We loved the location of our work, it made a very positive impression. People here are also very friendly and kind. There are a lot of amazing views of mountains. With every step in Ubeda, you can find amazing ancient monuments and buildings.’
We are sure they will be able to use their newly acquired skills and competences in their future lives and hope the trainees had a great stay in Spain.