At the beginning of April a group of 4 enthusiastic Belgian retail assistants made their way to Sevilla to enroll in a month-long traineeship at two well-renowned, local department stores. During their stay they were given the opportunity to witness first hand what their day-to-day job as a retailer would look like. By actively participating they managed to improve their professional skills and knowledge.
Their main tasks included the following:
- Customer service (meet and greet clients and visitors).
- Implementing the 10% discount over the total price when necessary by checking first the customer’s ID or passport.
- Estimating the VAT over the total price of the customers’ purchase
- Changing the product’s exhibition.
- Caring about neatness and order in the store
After one month of hard work these four Belgian trainees gained some very valuable experience and professional knowledge which will help them in their future job search. But besides their dedication at work, the girls still had enough spare time to enjoy the beautiful sights of Sevilla. And they also took part in a Spanish course.