At the start of summer 8 technically-skilled Portuguese trainees made their way to Sevilla with the intention to take part in a traineeship that would help them gain more knowledge and experience in their future working areas. By working at various local host companies, they will not only put their technical skills into practice, but also improve their linguistic and social skills.
Their main tasks included:
- Preparing the CNC machines to work, software installation and cutting tools selection
- Cleaning, lubricating and carrying out maintenance of the machine
- Operating and monitoring machines for cutting, drilling and cleaning the metal
- Learning to test, diagnose and repair electronic circuit boards
- Using diagnostic computers and oscilloscopes in the workplace
Each student showed great determination and commitment to the job which was greatly appreciated by their respective tutors. But besides work, there was still plenty of time left for the boys to explore the gorgeous sights of Sevilla.