During a week in September 2017, we had the pleasure to host two VET teachers from Póvoa de Lanhoso (Portugal), who came to Seville to compare the local teaching methods with their own.
During their training on Electronics and Vocational education, they were able to:
- know the Spanish Education System with a particular emphasis on the Vocational Education (Dual System),
- analyze the differences between Portuguese and Spanish Education Systems,
- learning about the practical and formal procedures for integrating participants in the host companies,
- observe, register and test training methodologies and technical vocational training programs,
- observe and register equipment, instruments and technologies used in practical classes,
- analyze measures for the professional integration of young graduates.
It was also important to gain greater awareness of European citizenship, mobility, training and work, leading to greater openness of horizons, as well as to improve language skills.
The experience has been very positive and interesting for all parties and we were very happy with their stay.