In March 2017, our team in Seville was happy to receive a group of 16 trainees ready for their internships on solar energy at a local vocational school. During their two-week internship building a solar house, the trainees carried out all sorts of tasks, such as:
- Recognizing the qualities and quantities of the solar energy, as much as the movement of the Sun
- Recognizing the types photovoltaics cells: polycrystalline, monocrystalline and amorphous
- Obtaining the characteristic parameters of the panel. Including measuring voltage and current, using a multi meter, according to the inclination grade
- Assembling electrical panel and AC power circuits of the house, solar circuit of the house
- Visiting solar facility of 64 kWp, connected to the network
- Assembling plumbing installation for the shower and water taps, with the solar pump
Apart from that, their free time was filled with nice activities to show them all the sides of the Andalusian culture: they visited a solar plant, went on a cultural bike tour, and undertook two trips, one to Cadiz and the other of Malaga.
We received very positive feedback from and about this group and are sure their newly acquired skills will come in handy for them in the future.