On Halloween 2016, 20 Polish trainees skipped the scary celebration to fly to Spain instead. During their three-week stay in Ubeda, they carried out different traineeships in the fields of housekeeping, cooking, IT, graphic design and administration. The trainees carried out tasks such as:
- Making beds daily and change bed linen
- Cleaning bathrooms and supplying with fresh towels and toiletries
- Doing skilled cooking and food preparation
- Learning about the typical Spanish cuisine and local specialties, such as paella, tortilla de patatas, different kind of salads, pasta, desserts, etc.
- Performing auxiliary montage and maintenance operations in micro computing systems and data networks
- Performing operations of storage and transport of peripheral and consumable systems, followings the security and cataloguing criteria
Next to that, the trainees participated in all kinds of activities. They took part in Spanish classes to facilitate the communication with their employers, did a study visit to an olive producer, took the bus to the Andalusian capital Sevilla and visited Granada.
We are sure the participants all had a great stay and hope they will use their newly acquired skills once back in Poland!