A group of 11 students from Piraeus (Greece) had the opportunity to spent some time in Seville for a two-weeks work experience as mechanics and e-buggy technicians. Their formative training helped them to gain experience, to develop their knowledge and to carry out several tasks, such as:
- Cutting profiles of the e-buggy according to sketch, adjust them to other pieces;
- Fixing and adjusting the parts with welding and screws; carrying out perforation and soldering works;
- Assembling of breaks, tyres, median strips and break discs, fabrication of fiberglass parts, illumination parts, battery chargers, panels, wirings and assembly and connect them;
- Assembling of motor wheels, engine controllers, electric parts and driving test;
- Assembling and installation of a wooden pergola, a solar panel structure, a battery and a dimmer, wirings and plugs.
Moreover, they learned some Spanish and some Spanish culture during a Spanish course, a Seville tour, a cultural bike tour, a Tapas night and a Paella night. They could also visit the beautiful cities of Ronda and Gibraltar.
We hope that our trainees had fun in Seville, but that they especially improved their knowledge and working skills, that will be useful for their future work and private life.