In December 2017, a group of 16 students from Przemyśl (Poland) spent their time in Seville for an internship as solar energy installers. They learned more about renewable energies and participated in theoretical and practical training courses, developing their knowledge and skills and carrying out several tasks, such as:
- Recognizing the qualities of solar energy (and the risks of working with it) and the types of photovoltaic cells: polycrystalline, monocrystalline and amorphous.
- Measuring voltage and current and using a multimeter according to the inclination grade.
- Gathering the panels in series and in parallel, and checking its parameters.
- Recognizing and identifying different types of controllers, its programming and functioning.
- Checking, identifying and maintaining the batteries and the inverters.
- Assembling, calculating and designing a solar installation on a computer, an electrical panel, AC power circuits and solar circuits of the house, plumbing installation with the solar pump and a solar lamp with twilight switch.
Moreover, they learned some Andalusian cultural and historical features during a Spanish course, a Seville tour,a Bike tour and a Seville Guadalquivir River cruise (with a special study visit to the modern monument Metropol Parasol-Las Setas), as well as taste some Spanish delicacies during a Tapas Night. They also had the chance to do a study visit in an international company that applies innovative technology solutions for sustainability in the energy and environment sectors, where they broaden their knowledge about thermo-solar technologies and its uses in the human development. Apart from that, they also visited the beautiful cities of Malaga and Gibraltar.
We hope that our trainees learned a lot, both about their field of study and their personal training experience in a foreign country. We wish them all the best for their future like and work.