In October 2016, our team in Ubeda welcomed a group of 17 Polish trainees, ready for their internship in Spain. For a period of two weeks, the group did a practical training on geodesy. Their tasks included, amongst others:
- Using specialised terminology and symbols in foreign language in the related field
- Establishing local topographic network
- Staking out of points in terrain and working out their projection to maps
- Preparing data, charts, plots, maps, records and documents related to surveys
- Choosing a technological procedure to solve an assigned task
- Recording the results of surveys including the shape, contour, location, elevation and dimensions of land or land features
Next to that, the trainees were fully immersed in the Spanish life: they discovered Ubeda, enjoyed the local food during tapas nigh and went on a trip to Malaga. We hope they had a great stay and are sure they will be used their new skills and competences back home in Poland.