In July 2016, our team in Ubeda had the joy to welcome a group of 16 Bulgarian trainees from Petkov. These enthusiastic young people stayed in Spain for two weeks, doing a practical training on geodetic surveying.
During their training, their main tasks consisted of:
- Using specialised terminology and symbols in foreign language in the related field
- Using related IT applications
- Establishing local topographic network
- Reading distances and angles
- Staking out of points in terrain and working out their projection to maps
- Operating and adjusting basic types of surveying instruments
Next to their practical training, the trainees also had the opportunity to visit Malaga and Granada, two of the biggest and most important Andalusian cities, but also to take a look at a centre that produces olive oil, to take part in a language exchange, to taste the local delicacies during tapas night, to enjoy a stroll in Ubeda and to improve their knowledge of the Spanish language during a language course. It’s safe to say the trainees had no time to miss home!
We are sure they will be able to use their newly acquired skills and competences in their future lives and hope the trainees had a great stay in Spain.