In september 2016, 16 enthusiastic Polish trainees made their way to Seville to take part in an exciting training programme regarding solar energy installations. During their two week stay the students were given the opportunity to make use of their priorly-gained technical skills, whilst also improving their professional and linguistic skills in the process.
Their main tasks included the following:
- Obtaining the characteristic parameters of the panel. Including measuring voltage and current, using a multi meter, according to the inclination grade
- Gathering the panels in series and in parallel, and checking its parameters
- Checking, identifying and maintaining the batteries and inverters
- Assembling the isolated solar installation
- Calculating and scaling the solar installation in a computer
- Designing the isolated solar installation in the computer
Outside their working hours the trainees were also taught basic Spanish words and sentences, shown around the city of Seville, taken on two study visits to facilities dedicated to solar energy, introduced to Spanish food during Tapas Night and taken to Cadiz to visit the city.