For a full month in March and April 2017, these 6 French girls from Lyon switched countries to carry out internships in the hotel and administration sector in Seville. Working at different host companies as receptionists and administration trainees, these girls carried out tasks such as:
- Assisting in welcoming the guest to the hostel and arranging reservations
- Assist in check-ins and check outs and complete procedures when guests arrive and leave
- Taking notes of guests’ concerns and paying attention to special requests in a personal but also a professional way
- Helping guests with luggage storage, storing valuables
- Controlling payments
- Updating payments, schedules, class shifts, recoveries of the classes
Fully taking advantage of their month abroad, the girls undertook many visits in and around the city: they discovered Seville and many of its monuments, improved their Spanish during their language classes, went on a tapas night to taste the local food and visited the Andalusian city of Cadiz.
All of them were very positive about their stay, which also showed in the evaluations they received from their employers, who were all very pleased with the trainees. We are sure the exchange was very successful and wish the girls luck in their future studies and/or careers.