In May, 18 motivated Croatian students from Industrijsko-obrtnička škola Šibenik made their way to Sevilla in order to take part in an internship regarding renewable energy sources, or more specifically ‘solar heating’. During their two-week stay they were welcomed to a local host company that helped them gain more insight into this particular area of work, whilst helping them to improve their practical and professional skills in the meanwhile.
Their main tasks included the following:
- Use of calculation application to calculate solar radiation – solar calculator
- Defining components of solar photovoltaic projects
- Work in AutoCAD – designing solar photovoltaic projects using AutoCAD
- Calculating the costs of autonomous solar system
- Montage of the photovoltaic system components, checking if the system works properly
- Montage of a small solar plant connected to the electrical power network
- Service and maintenance solar system components
The trainees were extremely motivated and keen to learn and thanks to their positive attitudes they managed to successfully complete their internships. But apart from their busy days at work, there was still plenty of time for them to enjoy the beautiful city of Seville. They made an entertaining trip to the Abengoa Solucar Complex and they also took part in cultural trips to Córdoba and Cádiz.