26 trainees they were, these nice young people from Poland who stayed with us in April/May 2017. Staying in Seville exactly during the April Fair, the trainees definitely had the opportunity to discover Seville’s cultural heritage. However, their main motivation to come here was of course to expand their skills in the fields of CNC, housekeeping and building. During their three-week internships, the trainees carried out all sorts of tasks, such as:
- Cleaning bathrooms and supplying fresh towels and toiletries
- Checking and restocking tea, coffee, sugar, milk and mini bar supplies
- Operating and monitoring machines for cutting, drilling and polishing plastic and metal
- Using software to design pieces
- Preparing manually gypsum and plaster, mortars and glues, taking care of the use instructions and assuring its homogeneity
- Preparing scaffolding, maintaining the marked lineups and carrying out tasks such as chipping walls and clearing out the work areas
Apart from that, they had the opportunity to discover Seville during their Seville tour and on their own, to participate in a Spanish course, to play a football match against local Spanish students, to visit Metropol Parasol – one of the most recent but also most famous buildings in Seville -, to enjoy the local food during tapas night, to visit one of the oldest Andalusian cities, Cadiz, and to go on a beach trip in Malaga.
All in all, we think the trainees spent a great time abroad, broadening their knowledge and skills both in their work field as outside.