With spring already in full swing, 17 Polish trainees from Zespół Szkół Technicznych im. Hipolita Cegielskiego came to Sevilla as part of a practical trainnig programme on solar energy. During their stay the trainees wil greatly improve their professional skills and knowledge which will only benefit them during their job search in the future.
Their main tasks included the following:
- Recognizing the types photovoltaics cells: polycrystalline, monocrystalline and amorphous
- Obtaining the characteristic parameters of the panel. Including measuring voltage and current, using a multi meter, according to the inclination grade
- Calculating and scaling the solar installation in a computer
- Assembling electrical panel and AC power circuits of the house, solar circuit of the house
- Visiting solar facility of 64 kWp, connected to the network
- Assembling plumbing installation for the shower and water taps, with the solar pump
- Visiting thermos-solar facility: Solucar
The trainees showed a lot of motivation and commitment on the job which left a very positive impression on their tutors. But apart from work the students still found the time to participate in a number of cultural activities, both in and around Sevilla. And they also took part in an interesting basic Spanish course which greatly improved their linguistic skills.