In the spring of 2015, 15 enthusiastic Dutch trainees from Amsterdam undertook interships in various tourism companies in Seville. Not only did they learn very useful skills and knowledge on the job, but they also had the experience to live abroad and get to know a whole new culture.
During their traineeship, their tasks included
- Providing the customers with the information about the museum, city and region
- Translating texts of the museum into Dutch
- Management of reservations through web, telephone, direct source
- Taking part in tourist events organisation with the respect of needs, interests, age, group difference and costs calculation
- Preparing invoices and customers record
- Writing emails in English
Next to that, they had the opportunity to meet Spanish students and exchange cultural information, learn plenty of Spanish words during their Spanish classes and visit Malaga, one of the most important Andalusian cities.